Jul 17, 2007

I have been known with my smile….




This is the 2nd time to meet someone from my university, in batches other than mine. She is a girl that is one year older than me, and now we work together in the same organization. I knew her, just by her look, never talked to her. So we were talking, and then she said: “I knew u before, I used to know u because u always smiled”…. I was like: “ ah wallah!!! U know me by my smile?” to tell u the truth I was happy of that….it made feel that I can be noticed by my acts more than my look.

As I said, this is not the 1st time, I once met this guy, 1 year younger than me, and he used to study in my college, he told me the same thing. I guess I have this charming smile, that people can not forget…lol…(so humble, right??)
Many things can make me smile, a pretty cat in the street, a kid’s laugh, beautiful rose, a song I like, an email/call from a friend…name it any silly sweet thing can draw a smile on my face….and I feel that it is very healthy to smile, even if things are not working the way they should…

Two months ago, I have this new job, people here don’t laugh, they just don’t, I feel so odd when I smile, any way…one morning, the guy on the reception, stopped me and asked: “can I tell u something?”.
Me: “plz…. go ahead”
him: “u started working here with this smile, in the morning, afternoon, and each time u pass by, but now, the smile is gone, I guess I can say that u r an official employee in our institution.”
Me: “shocked- trying not show that I agree with him- no no…it is only the hot weather.”
Him: “I wish….”
Me: no …I’m sure…u’ll see…and went away with this artificial smile on my face….

I couldn’t stop myself from thinking of what he said, it is true, I stopped smiling the way I used to do, one factor was that I have this feeling that I don’t really fit here, I haven’t made any friendships, and I guess I will not be making any in the near future, even though I’m a person who lives by socializing with ppl…I guess. I feel so lonely….that is the reason why I lost my smile….I guess I have to retrieve it…whatever this takes …I’ll fight till I get it back…J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

retrieve it retrieve retrieve it...it makes our days..the pure smile.I am a very smile person by nature..keep urs Miss Sea Lover.

Miss sea lover said...

thanx redrose....ur comment drew a very big smile on my face..by the way..glad u liked the font color:D