Jul 21, 2007

It is hard to live in a plus size body!!


For guys, I know it is hard to understand what I’m talking about, unless they looked at it from a female point view, which is I know not an easy thing to do.

I have been growing up, living in a plus size body, and writing this is not an easy thing to do, but I thought to write it down. I wont talk about how weight and height, affect the way ppl look at me, and think of me, cause this is not our issue here, but I’ll talk about how it affects me….

During the time of school, they used to reserve the last seat for me, since I was the tallest. I wished to be in the front seats, since I was a very good student, with high marks, polite, and so alert to what the teacher says…(in brief… an ideal student…)…but I could not…they wanted other girls to see!!

I hated transportation means, especially buses. The seats were so small, and I had to bend my knees in order to fit in, it was a great feeling when I bought my own car, since I had the luxury to fix the chair the way it fits me..:D

It was that day in the ergonomic lab. Where we had to measure up, and use the batch details to design a chair or a workstation, according to average and dimensions taken. Every one knew that those measurements belong to me, I hated the fact that every one was able to maintain her/his measurements classified, except me….

That day, there was this lady, she is a short one, and she tried to step up on a stair, so she reached me, she laughed and said: “poor kid, they said that u r arrogant( by the way I’m completely the opposite…most of the time) , but it seems that since u r taller than most of us, u had to bend and look from above down to them, that is why they think u look with arrogance)….I was like shocked…this is the 1st time I get the explanation why ppl say the I’m arrogant before they even know me.

I’m not saying that it is a disadvantage all the time, it is true that being tall, and over weight give me this older look, but that made ppl deal with me as an older person, more mature and even wiser than other, and I think that planted leadership in my character….and made me the person ppl ask for help and advice when they can not find the solution…..so I guess it is not that bad after all…..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hear ya my friend.. I used to suffer from the same problem, they used to put me all the way in the back so the other girls can see :S
When I was a teenager, I used to walk with my head down, so I will look a little shorter, until my mom brought me bunch of books and forced me to walk with these books on my head to learn how to walk right without being impressed about my height.
I learned how to love my height, to love my body, because this me, this is who I am… and guess what?? Shorter people wear high heals and suffer from back pain just to be as tall as we are :) … don’t you love it that we don’t have to do that ;)

Miss sea lover said...

Maiosh...u r right, as i said,there r some advantages...:D...it seems we have many things in common..i like that...

Sam said...

aw...what a cute post! I am sorry you were made to feel bad just because of how you looked. since I came to canada I was always the shortest in my class and some kids were not nice about it:( i always looked younger and hated how people acted surprised when I told them how old I am...o god how i hated when people said my sister looked older than i did...i really wanted to grap the nearest sharp object and throw it at them! now that I am 30(1) I do not mind it anymore though:)

Maioush! i just started liking u a bit less right now! but u right about the stupid back pain..i like to blame it on 2 pregnancies but i guess my heels contribute to that..but i'll take the pain..heels are just so much nicer

and I did notice how people treated me differently when I gained 30-40lb after getting married and after having my kids...I did not beleive it! now that i've lost the weight it is ok...I do not beleive how shallow people are!

uggh sorry i wrote too much...
i really liked your post...:)

Miss sea lover said...

Hi sam,
thanks for writting, actually i enjoyed it, and it made me smile..:D...by the way, even though i'm tall but i wear high heels, when i need to dress formal...so i guess whether u r tall or short ..u have to bear the pain...:P

Maioush said...

No saaaaaaaaaam please don't like me less!! I LOVE YOU 7abeebti enti :D , walahi ya sam i wear i wear high heels too, i look like a tower when i do so (which is not a good thing if you ask me) ...
remember my post about hight heels, i looove hogh heels bs as they say, (kont basaber 7ali) :D

Miss sea lover said...

yah maioush...that post had stoped me,:D i liked it back then...nice one...