Jul 22, 2007

We love old songs, why??

When I was so young, I couldn’t understand why old people( parents, relatives, teachers…name it) love old songs, Fayrooz, Om Kalthoom, Abd el Haleem, and many others. I know that you maybe saying thousands of reasons in your head: it is the real art, the good music, the sweet voice, the meaningful lyrics ..etc…

For me, I guess it is not those reasons for loving those songs, since there are very nice, sweet new songs, and with time passing, we change, and so our taste. Growing up, made me realized, that we love old songs, for the sweet memories they have, for the time stage we were living in, for the people were in our lives at that time.

I enjoy hearing old songs, there was this song: “Mariam maryamtee…3enee mariama…”, it was in the late 80’s as I think, I used to hear it daily, and even though my name is not mariam, but I liked to think he was singing to me, so I used to go to the roof(el sate7) and start to dangle my hair, similar to what he is singing…strange I’m smiling right now just because of thinking of it…

In my new job, there is a girl, she played old songs on her PC, so. I was like the one who found a treasure… “plz….can u give them to me…. Sure..no problem…” and since then I start my morning with those beautiful songs….now I’m listening to .. “nattarne..nattarnee 3ala el shebaak…”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you are writing in, really you have the sense of that, it's so delightful when people are able to talk about themselves freely, so keep it up.
by the way, i remember maryam maryamtee, but i hate old songs, especially those who make me cry and look very sad..

Miss sea lover said...

thank u gradly, very glad u liked my writtings:D...yah it is so relefing to talk about urself...
hey don't be sad, i like to think of old days with memories(bad or good) r experinces we go through to be stronger...cheer up

Sam said...

i like old songs too..hubby thinks im crazy and anytime i put my mp3 in the car he starts shaking his head...because i have those early 80's songs i used to listen to as a child...i love those old songs now...and i do love abd elhaleem now..i used to think my dad was so weird for liking his songs a long time ago..but not om kalthoom though..i still do not see the beautity of her her voice...although i like some parts of her songs...

Miss sea lover said...

Sam, great to know that u love old songs, but hey...Om Kalthoom has something, i love her songs very much, especailly the words, but to tell u the truth, i can't wait that long so the song is finished, i get sick of it..that's why i don't listen to her, but to other singers singing her songs...faster...